How to Get Verified on Instagram with a Blue Check – 2022 Guide
We’ve all had that moment of blue envy on Instagram — it’s the blue check syndrome. Most Instagrammers know that the blue check means you’re verified, so it’s a big deal to get that stamp of approval for your account. Why? How? Other questions? Give this guide a read and we’ll answer everything you need to know about getting verified on Instagram.
First: What is Instagram verification?
We’ve got a quick definition for you. Instagram verification means you’ve established your account as the “authentic presence of a notable public figure, celebrity, or global brand.” Sounds pretty legit, right?
A lot of people wonder why Instagram verification exists. After all, you’d think that someone’s name and picture are enough to tell who they are. Sadly, that’s not the case. There are imposters out there who pose as celebrities or authority figures to disrupt the truth about them. Hence, Instagram verification. If a celebrity or public figure wants to create an Instagram account, they can get it verified with the blue check mark to establish credibility.
Can anyone get verified?
Well, not really. As the definition says, you can only get verified if you are “authentic presence of a notable public figure, celebrity, or global brand.” This criteria won’t be met by just anyone. Instagram says you must “represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand, or entity.” So, it’s Instagram’s call. But because Instagram has a set of rules surrounding this, you can rest easy knowing bias has been removed.
Another thing Instagram looks for is that the account could “have a high likelihood of being impersonated.” For example, you may have a small business that you believe deserves the blue check, but if Instagram sees that it’s not highly searched or likely to be impersonated, they may not give it to you.
That doesn’t mean you’re not worthy; it just means that Instagram has to be conservative with how many blue checks are given out. If the rules bend too much, we’ll all be “verified” one day. Fun fact: It’s actually easier to get verified on Facebook. Some people think they’re guaranteed a blue check on Instagram if they’re verified on Facebook, but that’s not always the case.
Ready to apply? Here’s how!
Now that you’ve decided you would like to apply for the blue check verification badge, let’s go through the steps.
- On your profile, go to the top right corner. You’ll see three horizontal lines — this is the menu. Tap this.
- Tap the Settings gear icon.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Request Verification.
- Here’s where you’re going to submit your request to be verified. Instagram will ask you to confirm your identity, including your full legal name, your nickname or company name (this is whatever most people will know you as), and the category that pertains to your profile.
- Then, upload a copy of your government-issued photo ID. This will vary depending on if you’re verifying a business or your individual profile. For example, individuals may upload a driver’s license or passport; businesses may upload a tax return or utility bill.
- Here’s the best part — submitting it! Tap Send and you’re good to go.
When you’re in the waiting period, remember that Instagram has a process for approvals. Not everyone gets approved here — in fact, most people don’t! So, keep working on optimizing your profile, reaching your target audience, and continually improving your content strategy.
Accelerate Your Instagram Growth With Real Followers
Boost your Instagram growth, organically.
- Actually works, unlike other services
- Natural growth and engagement
- Los Angeles, California based team
- 100% Safe
- Save 10 hours a week on growing your Instagram
- 14 Day Money-Back Guarantee